Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I hit the 1000 mile mark today... For real. And also in "oh my gosh this is almost done and poo is going to hit the fan soon" mind set.

I have less than 50 miles until the end of the main portion of my hike. I just reached that for real 1000 miles, (even with missing the 80) The thoughts swirling in my head are coming fast and furious...:

  • I still have 80 miles to finish at a later time... Won't be rushing into completing that.
  • I have to move into my apartment. I want to buy old furniture, use my one and only power-tool , a sander, and do crafty /unique things.
  • The day after I finish here I have to put my uniform on and be in Camp Douglas.
  • I need to buy furniture for said apartment.
  • I start working Aug 5th. I have a total of three days to myself between trail and work.
  • I want a full body massage, facial and haircut. A pedicure is pointless until my toenails grow back.
  • I did not study for the GRE while out here... Not at all. I need to study for the GRE.
  • I'm going to continue to live on an air mattress for a while, albeit a much thicker one than what I have now.
  • I want to spend time on my paddle-board before the weather turns cold.
  • I need to determine if my lifestyle can handle a dog and maybe try to foster one instead of immediately giving in and becoming a cat lady.
  • I need to switch into running gear and do exercise other than walk to prepare for army physical fitness test and an upcoming relay marathon.
  • Where do the people I want to see and visit fit into my life when I'm first back? Going to have to hermit it up for a while.
  • I need to start researching which schools I'm going to apply to.

Baaahhhh! I feel like I'm doing the ol' ignore reality thing I am so good at... While reality is winding up to smack me across the cheek.

My stomach is a knot. I want to be done with the trail. I don't want the whirlwind that is headed my way.

With the end of this hike, I have so many beginnings coming. So much to take in at once.








Get it?

I had to fix this quote to make it relevant to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment